Past Blogs

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Some New Things....

My Apologies...


I know there wasn't a Bible Study posted up this week and I apologize because I had a lot happen to me this week and I just never got the time to do it. I will have the new one up for everyone this Sunday. Again I apologize and I can't wait to get back at the weekly Bible Study. To those who haven't participated in them, you can join in on the discussion at any time. As well as go back to the old Bible studies and add your input.




The Poetry Project


As was mentioned in the last Blog our Poetry Project is up and running and at full force. We have entries from Kinslayer, Puppet's Scorn, Poetgirl, and myself and people are really putting up their best stuff. I'm enjoying reading the entries from those who participate in the project and can't wait to see what else they bring to the table. I'm enjoying seeing the participation of this project very much and I know that Puppet's Scorn is as well.

Rule Amendment Announcement

Puppet's Scorn and I have noticed that people are holding off on joining the Poetry Project so that they can submit for only certain categories of the project and we are a little concerned with this. We set up the project so that it was an even balance for everyone to participate in the project to be shown there diversity of writing and styles. What we didn't want is for the project to be "lumpy and lopsided" by way of certain categories having more in them than others.

For example, (and we know this to be true) most people are waiting for the LOVE category before they will write anything because they don't want to be viewed as a negative person. Well, that's all fine but if everyone writes for just the LOVE category then everything else suffers because of it. We don't want that so we have created this amendment.

Everyone who wishes to partake of the Poetry Project (whether it be for one category or all of them is irrelevant) will have to submit AT LEAST three poems for each category in order to participate. This is to prevent the book to be uneven and for the categories to be even in the amount of content they contain.

As we understand this may not be all the convenient or what you wanted but this is what we need to see happen because of the nature of what we are doing here. Thank you for your openness and willingness to help make this a success. We greatly appreciate it from all who are and will take part in this project. If you have any questions, please either Puppet's Scorn or myself either a PM or email us.




New Member of the Family


We got a new member to the family, Brianne Tokugawa, who (I think) will be a fun addition to our ever growing family here at The Writer's Block! Welcome Brianne Tokugawa!

God Bless,
Klayton
a.k.a. Bayomir

Free Advertising Free Annual Credit Report